Ray shouts at Trim with poison rat

We had friends visiting with two gorgeous girls last weekend and they listen to everything that’s happening, even if they don’t react.

Anyway, our new puppy got into the chicken shed and found an old dried rat that had probably died of rat poison. She picked it up and ran away with it. Of course, when I tried to get it off her, she thought it was a great game. Running away, throwing the rat into the air and slowly chewing bits of it off and swallowing it.

I was getting increasingly angry, shouting at the dog, shouting to my partner inside the house – which of course, did no good. In the end, the puppy ate the rat before I could get it off her.

Later that day, Saskia was drawing a picture (below) and it turns out to perfectly captures the scene. I particularly love the red rat belly and the rings of shouting coming from my mouth.

The dog is fine, by the way.

Image

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s